After completing a B.S. in Biology from Barry University, I wanted to further my education at an exceptional and extraordinary school that will provide me with the most well-rounded education in vascular sonography possible; I believe Nova Southeastern University is that school. Nova Southeastern University graduates exhibit gained knowledge, skills and behaviors of educated, successful members of modern society and portray great leadership. There is no doubt I want to become a compassionate, successful sonographer, and as a graduate of the Health Science program with a concentration on Vascular Sonography I will be.
I’m looking for a teaching program, one that is patient, not just research focused, and one that is challenging, but encourages students to work cooperatively instead of competitively. Studying diagnostic medical sonography is the most worthwhile journey I will have ever embarked upon, and I embrace it with the same passion as everything I have ever set my heart on to date; it would be an honor to study medicine with teachers and mentors who exhibit the same passion for vascular sonography as I do.
- What are the major concentrations of diagnostic medical sonography?
The major concentrations of diagnostic medical sonography are general sonography commonly known as abdominal and gynaecological sonography, or echocardiography also commonly known in the medical field as adult, pediatric or vascular sonography.
- What is the professional organization that represents vascular sonographers?
There are several professional organizations that represent vascular sonographers, but I am particularly fond of the Society for Vascular Ultrasound. According to SVU they are “dedicated to the advancement of noninvasive vascular technology used in the diagnosis of vascular disease.” This organization is one I would like to be a part of once I complete my Masters of Health Science with a Concentration in Vascular Sonography.
- Provide at least three examples of the type of medical or surgical conditions that may require the need of vascular sonography testing.
Three examples of the type of medical or surgical conditions that may require the need of vascular sonography testing are:
1. The blood flow in the arteries in your neck that supply blood to the brain need to be evaluated.
2. The blood flow to a newly transplanted organ needs to be evaluated.
3. The blood flow in the arteries to detect a possible narrowing of the arteries needs to be evaluated.